Office of Institutional Research
July 18, 2016
Jul 5, 2016 – Jul 15, 2016
This cycle we continued work on Student 2. We did some requirements drafts and mock-ups on major features that will be enhanced in Student 2: Credit & GPA counts, Placements, and Milestones. In the next couple weeks we will be meeting with subject matter experts in the college to ensure the new build is a significant useful enhancement.
- Validation on external user edit form to ensure that login string is unique.
- Refinement to view titles and menus to help clarify user navigation.
- Course load report has UI so associate deans can look at views per faculty.
- Client side application to load current registration and transcript into student detail page.
- Display student picture on detail page. Implemented the UW ID Card photo web service.
- Show groups (including cohorts) on the student detail page.
- Reformatted student header block with photo, current program, advisor, and groups.
- Report of students by cohort. Cohort menu is a dynamic expandable tree.
- Report of students On Leave last quarter showing status this quarter. Graduate students previously On Leave must extend leave or register before end of current quarter or they lose status.
- Report of student inactive for over a year.
- Doc Committee displayed on student detail page.
- Requirements documents, implmentation plan, mock-ups for Credit & GPA, Placements, and Milestones. Prep for meetings with SMEs.
- Created a detailed work plan for adding department to the tech support ticket system. This will allow Haring Center to use the tech support database for ticket and inventory tracking.
- Add a test score assessment type.
- Upgraded EDUC project to Laravel 5.2. This version included binary file response used to add student Husky ID Card photos to Student 2.
- Amazon Web Service UW account set up.
- Research and planning for Splunk implementation. Splunk is a log file analysis platform that will allow us to get actionable highlights and summaries from server and application data.